MTI 05 - 7D6N, Island Hoping to Support West Sumatra Marine Conservation
Program Details & Highlights
Let’s pack for holiday and support environmental developpment as well. We will experience and help West Sumatra’s marine ranger activities. Interact, cultural share and mptivate local kid and teenager would be a different adventural memory. Close to marine habitat , soft sandy beach in exotic islands, eastern sun burn and interesting coastal culture of West Sumatra.
Pieh Marine Conservation Area lies about 39.900 acres in Indian Ocean in front of West Sumatra west coast. It consists of 5 islands, Toran, Pandan, Air, Pieh and Bando. In the middle of some islands, there are swampy area that directly connected to the sea. This area has coral coverage, unique under water topography, mangrove, various reef fishes, some species of sea turtles and cetaceans, and soft white sand as well as another marine biota. Sea turtles species is dominated by Green Turtle (Chelonia mydas; “endangered”), Olive Ridley Turtle (Lepidochelys olivacea; “vulnerable”), and Hawksbill Turtle (Eretmochelys imbricate; “critically endangered”). While the Leatherback Turtle (Dermochelys Coriacea ) is really hard to be found. Identified Cetacean found here is Stenella longirostris roseiventris, Tursiops aduncus, Stenella attenuata, Pseudorca crassidens dan Balaenoptera omurai (“data deficient”), Stenella longirostri ,Tursiops truncates (“Least Concern”), and Sousa chinensis (“Vulnerable”). In the past decades, condition of this area destroyed by locals bad environmental behavior such as fish poisoning, fish bombing, and sea turtle’s egg consuming. Since 2000, Indonesia government established this area as marine conservation and trained the locals the behavior related to sustainable environment. As an operator permitted to hold program in this area, Malala Tour Indonesia would like to shine this marine conservation by designing a sustainable holiday program for you in order to help coral reef coverage (now about 50%) and sea turtles conservation in permitted area surround. For a couple of days, you will follow and experience our marine rangers activities while doing marine conservation.
Day by Day MTI 05 - 7D6N, Island Hoping to Support West Sumatra Marine Conservation
Day 1: Salamaik Datang-Arrival in Minangkabau International Airport (D)
Welcome to Padang. Transfer to standard hotel in Pariaman and have a chance to rest and relax (or enjoy a small tour to bursting market/surround village and try traditional horse cart with our guide) and wait as the rest of the group arrives. Or After hotel dinner, trip orientation.
Day 2-4: Support Pieh Marine Conservation (BLD)
Start from a fishermen village and head to TWP Pieh by local fishermen boat. On the way to one island, “Dolphin Watching” will be the first experience together with the ranger. Welcome island coco drink and check in at your Tent sweet tent. Follow ranger activities combine with soft sandy beach relax, coral replant, island cleaning, swimming, snorkeling and diving (only for the one with proven license) will be your day daily activities from island to another one. Night activities would be lying on the beach, camp fire, and watching sea turtle lying eggs (possibility > 75%, since it will be 3 nights to seek this interesting seldom experience).
Day 5: Coastal Culture (BLD)
Leaving the island and chase the coastal culture of fisherman village, especially their morning activity to net the fish. Beside you will experience and interact with their daily life on fish drying, net maintaining, and don’t miss this local fishermen back from the Ocean. Enjoy Sunset of Indian Ocean with “coconut break”, check in and dinner at local restaurant.
Day 6: Local Support (BLD)
Today, we will have interaction with kids and teenagers. Under the wave of coconut leaf, language makes no border in this life motivating and cultural sharing. We will make learning sharing on dancing or folk song from we are originally from. It will be performed in our farewell night. Farewell dinner will be at hotel with special cultural shows. Dancer will dance on broken glass will be the peak performance.
Day 7: Airport Transfer - Sampai Jumpa (B)
Free with your own leisure untill airport transfer.
Dates, Prices & Availability
|7 - 13 Aug, 2019||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|4 - 10 Mar, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|27 May - 2 Jun, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|5 - 11 Aug, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
- 2.5% will be donated to support Green Tourism Institute to educate and advocate West Sumatra local community about “sustainable tourism”.
- Small Group Trip (Maximum 8 Pax)
- Don’t forget your backpack for 3 days trip in Pieh Marine Conservation while the main lugage will be kept safely in our hotel storage.
- Snorkeling Equipment will be provided. Diving equipment bring on your self.
- In camp sites our team will manage and advise about rubbish handling.
- The trip’s purpose is to support and experience marine ranger activities, from the journey, expected that local people will realize and interest to support the environmental sustanability, as many outsider willing to do it.
- This is an open trip, you will gather traveler around the world.
- Special private trip or out of the schedule please contact us.
- The routes are in conservation area, and some activities directly deal with local people. Our guides will brief about appropriate behavior, both cultural and environmental.
- In the islands, there will be no phone signal and electricity.
- Don’t worry about meals, we provide in our team a “chef” and supported with locals.
- Bring your own repellent/mosquito spray and private medicine.
- This trip is hardly not recommended for someone with any respiratory problems.
- For any force majeure situation, operator will change the route/ activities to the equal one.
- Trip start and end at Padang (West Sumatra-Indonesia)
- Above price is a starting price base on 2 pax and twin share room (the more pax you will join and directly confirm, there will be a significant price adjustment).
3 Nights B&B at Pariaman (Standard Hotel)
3 Nights at Pieh Marine Conservation (Single Tent)
*Single Supplement only for Hotel (+ € 33 / $ 37)
Meals as stated in program detail (6X dinner, 5X lunch, 6X breakfast)
* Please inform us for any dietary or vegetarian requirement
- Tour Design.
- 6 Night Accommodation as in “Accommodation & Meals” Information.
- Meals as in “Accommodation & Meals” Information.
- Comfortable Tourist Transportation (adjusted as number of travellers) while you’re out of conservation area.
- Fisherman Boat for transfer and activities.
- Experience Local Transport in certain occasion
- Licensed English Speaking Guide, Snorkeling and Diving Guide (only if you have proven license).
- Snorkeling Equipment and for diving only oxigen tube.
- Tour Crews (Logistic, Local Chef, Videographer & Photographer)
- Camping Equipment (Tent, Head Lamp, Mattresses, Sleeping Bag, and First Aid)
- Donation to Green Tourism Institute and certify as Green Friend of Indonesia.
- All Entrance Fee, donations to local community and activities fee.
- Private Cultural Performances at Farewell Dinner
- CD Documentation
- International Flight Ticket
- All Personal Expense or Anything out of Inclusions
- Tipping (Please contact us for suggestion)