MTI 05 - 7D6N, Island Hoping to Support West Sumatra Marine Conservation
Program Details & Highlights
Let’s pack for a holiday and support environmental development as well. We will experience and help West Sumatra’s marine ranger activities. Interact, cultural sharing and motivate local kids and teenagers would be remembered as a different type of adventure. Close to marine habitat , soft sandy beach in exotic islands, eastern sunburn and interesting coastal culture of West Sumatra.
Pieh Marine Conservation Area is about 39.900 acres in Indian Ocean in front of West Sumatra West Coast. It consists of 5 islands, Toran, Pandan, Air, Pieh and Bando. In the middle of some islands, there is a swampy area that is directly connected to the sea. This area has coral coverage, unique under water topography, mangrove, various reef fishes, some species of sea turtles and cetaceans, and soft white sand as well as other marine biota. Sea turtles species is dominated by Green Turtle (Chelonia mydas; “endangered”), Olive Ridley Turtle (Lepidochelys olivacea; “vulnerable”), and Hawksbill Turtle (Eretmochelys imbricate; “critically endangered”). While the Leatherback Turtle (Dermochelys Coriacea ) is really hard to find. Identified Cetacean found here is Stenella longirostris roseiventris, Tursiops aduncus, Stenella attenuata, Pseudorca crassidens dan Balaenoptera omurai (“data deficient”), Stenella longirostri ,Tursiops truncates (“Least Concern”), and Sousa chinensis (“Vulnerable”). In past decades, condition of this area was destroyed by locals’ bad environmental behavior such as fish poisoning, fish bombing, and sea turtle’s egg consumption. Since 2000, Indonesia government established this area as marine conservation and trained the locals the behavior related to sustainable environment. As an operator permitted to hold programs in this area, Sumatra and Beyond Tour Indonesia would like to make this marine conservation location by designing a sustainable holiday program for you in order to help coral reef coverage (now about 50%) and sea turtles conservation in permitted surrounding areas. For a couple of days, you will follow and experience our marine rangers activities while doing marine conservation.
Day by Day MTI 05 - 7D6N, Island Hoping to Support West Sumatra Marine Conservation
Day 1: Salamaik Datang-Arrival in Minangkabau International Airport (D)
Welcome to Padang. Transfer to standard hotel in Pariaman and have a chance to rest and relax (or enjoy a small tour to bursting market/surrounding village and try traditional horse cart with our guide) and wait as the rest of the group arrives. Or After hotel dinner, trip orientation.
Day 2-4: Support Pieh Marine Conservation (BLD)
Start from a fishermen’s village and head to TWP Pieh by local fishermen’s boat. On the way to one island, “Dolphin Watching” will be the first experience together with the ranger. Welcome island coco drink and check in at your Tent Sweet Tent. Follow ranger activities combine with soft sandy beach relaxation, coral replanting, island cleaning, swimming, snorkeling and diving (only for the one with proven license) will be your daily activities from island to island. Night activities would include lying on the beach, camp fire, and watching sea turtle laying eggs (possibility > 75%, since it will be 3 nights to seek this interesting but rare experience).
Day 5: Coastal Culture (BLD)
Leaving the island and observe the coastal culture of fisherman village, especially their morning activity to net fish. Beside you will experience and interact with their daily life on fish drying, net maintenance, don’t miss the local fishermen returning from the Ocean. Enjoy Sunset of Indian Ocean with “coconut break”, check in and dinner at local restaurant.
Day 6: Local Support (BLD)
Today, we will have interaction with kids and teenagers. Under the rustling coconut leaves, language makes no border in this life motivating and cultural sharing. We will make learning sharing on dancing or folk song from we are originally from. It will be performed in our farewell night. Farewell dinner will be at hotel with special cultural shows. Dancer will dance on broken glass will be the peak performance.
Day 7: Airport Transfer - Sampai Jumpa (B)
Free at your own leisure until airport transfer.
Dates, Prices & Availability
|7 - 13 Aug, 2019||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|4 - 10 Mar, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|27 May - 2 Jun, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|5 - 11 Aug, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
- 2.5% will be donated to support Green Tourism Institute to educate and advocate West Sumatra local community about “sustainable tourism”.
- Small Group Trip (Maximum 8 Pax)
- Don’t forget your backpack for 3 days trip in Pieh Marine Conservation while the main luggage will be kept safely in our hotel storage.
- Snorkeling Equipment will be provided. Diving equipment bring your own.
- In camp sites our team will manage and advise about rubbish handling.
- The trip’s purpose is to support and experience marine ranger activities, from the journey, expecting that local people will realize and be interested to support the environmental sustainability, as many outsiders are willing to do it.
- This is an open trip, you will join other travelers from around the world.
- Special private trip or out of the schedule please contact us.
- The routes are in conservation area, and some activities directly deal with local people. Our guides will brief about appropriate behavior, both culturally and environmentally.
- On the islands, there will be no phone signal and electricity.
- Don’t worry about meals, we provide in our team a “chef” supported by locals.
- Bring your own repellent/mosquito spray and private medicine.
- This trip is not recommended for someone with any respiratory problems.
- For any force majeure situation, operator will change the route/activities with a similar one.
- Trip starts and ends at Padang (West Sumatra-Indonesia)
- Above price is a starting price based on 2 pax and twin share room (the more pax join and directly confirmed, there will be a significant price adjustment).
3 Nights B&B at Pariaman (Standard Hotel)
3 Nights at Pieh Marine Conservation (Single Tent)
*Single Supplement only for Hotel (+ € 33 / $ 37)
Meals as stated in program details (6X dinner, 5X lunch, 6X breakfast)
* Please inform us for any dietary or vegetarian requirements
- Tour Design.
- 6 Night Accommodation as in “Accommodation & Meals” Information.
- Meals as in “Accommodation & Meals” Information.
- Comfortable Tourist Transportation (adjusted to number of travelers) while you’re out of conservation area.
- Fisherman Boat for transfers and activities.
- Experience Local Transport on certain occasions
- Licensed English Speaking Guide, Snorkeling and Diving Guide (only if you have proven license).
- Snorkeling Equipment and for diving only oxygen tank.
- Tour Crews (Logistic, Local Chef, Videographer & Photographer)
- Camping Equipment (Tent, Head Lamp, Mattresses, Sleeping Bag, and First Aid)
- Donation to Green Tourism Institute and certify as Green Friend of Indonesia.
- All Entrance Fee, donations to local community and activities fee.
- Private Cultural Performances at Farewell Dinner
- CD Documentation
- International Flight Ticket
- All Personal Expense or Anything out of Inclusions
- Tipping (Please contact us for suggestion)