MTI 04 - 7 Days Explore Mt. Talamau
Program Details & Highlights
An interesting trek for nature lovers would be what is considered as “Mount Ophir” location in the world. You’ll be taken far from the tourist trail, into the seldom visited rainforest conservation. Here, we will still be able to find Sumatra wild life side by side with local life in a remote countryside. Coming close to nature for a week with our team. This trek is only recommended if you are physically fit and prepared to accept a basic and sometimes uncomfortable conditions. Anyway, this is a memorable experiential adventure.
Talamau (local’s say it as Talamau) is a massive compound volcano rising above the western coastal plain of Sumatra. The andesitic-dacitic volcano was formed along a NE-SW line, rising to 2912 m, more than 700 m above its twin volcano Pasaman to the SW, which has its own adventive cone, Bukit Nilam, lying 3.4 km to the SW. Three craters along the same NE-SW trend occur at the summit of Talamau; the NE-most and highest crater is filled by a lava dome. Reports of historical eruptions, including one with rumblings and "smoke" emission in 1937, are considered doubtful, but eruptive activity has occurred during the Holocene. In the mountain area there is a pasture called Padang Siranjano, and sometimes certain fauna can still be found such as deer, forest goat, tapir, reptiles and various exotic birds. Below the peak of the mountain, at an altitude of about 2,750 meters, there are 13 ponds. The names of the ponds are based on some legendary stories believed by the inhabitants around Mount Talamau.
Day by Day MTI 04 - 7 Days Explore Mt. Talamau
Day 1: Salamaik Datang-Arrival (Friday) at Minangkabau International Airport (D)
Welcome to Padang. Drive to West Pasaman, an equatorial coastal regency of West Sumatra, it normally takes + 3,5 hours. Enroute, we will make some stops, those are for coffee break and observing interesting spots. Check in at standard hotel and have a chance to rest and relax and wait as the rest of the group arrives. After hotel dinner, trip orientation.
Day 2: Gate of Mt. Talamau (B,L,D)
Passing a challenging trail to 600 m above sea level by jeep to the gate of Mt. Talamau. Continue trekking to our 2nd Post for about 4-5 hours. Passing village farms and plantations (rice field, avocado plantation, etc). Seeing remote countryside activities. In this route we can find herbal plants and various interesting tiny fauna. Refresh at waterfall. First night camp with rainforest symphony. Here, we are at approximately 1100 m above sea level.
Day 3: Deep Rainforest of Mt. Talamau (BLD)
Morning shower by the white water flow while the birds are chirping their pure melodies. Reaching the 3rd post will normally take a 4-5 hours trek. Along the route, there will be a big possibility to find eagles, hornbills and other exotic faunas. In this nature canopy, the trail elevation will vary, most of them about 600. Night camp in Sumatra deep rainforest.
Day 4: Stony Trail to Mt. Talamau (BLD)
Another 4-5 hours trek to 4th post. More climbing the stony trail. Various colors of interesting plants give an amazing natural sight to the eyes. Here we’re already above 2.500 m above sea level. Night camp with mountain wind.
Day 5: Enjoy the Sky Roof of West Sumatra (BLD)
It takes about one hour to reach the top. Enjoy the sky of Sumatra and 13 natural ponds of Mt. Talamau. Trekking down to 3rd post. Camp and relax under nature’s roof.
Day 6: Return to Town (BLD)
Half day trekking down to 1st post and directly transfer to Pariaman. Dinner enroute and late check in at standard hotel. Followed by farewell dinner with cultural show. Top performance is broken glass dancing.
Day 7: Airport Transfer - Sampai Jumpa (B)
Free at your own leisure until airport transfer or continue with 7D6N Island Hoping to Support West Sumatra Marine Conservation.
Dates, Prices & Availability
|2 - 8 Aug, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|28 Feb - 5 Mar, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|22 - 28 May, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|31 Jul - 6 Aug, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
- 2.5% will be donated to support Green Tourism Institute to educate and advocate West Sumatra local community about “sustainable tourism”.
- Small Group Trip (Maximum 8 Pax)
- Don’t forget your backpack for 4 days trek to Mt. Talamau while the main luggage will be kept safely in our hotel storage.
- Hotel in West Pasaman is in standard condition but comfortable enough.
- During the trek our team will manage and advise about rubbish handling.
- You will get single tent while trekking and stay in forest.
- The trip’s purpose is to feel closer to nature and also expected that it will open a new possibility for local people to have side job and even develop themselves and their countryside as sustainable tourism destination.
- This is an open trip, you will join other travelers around the world.
- Special private trip or out of the schedule please contact us.
- The routes are in remote areas, away from tourist trails and some activities directly deal with local people. Our guides will brief about appropriate behavior, both culturally and environmentally.
- In most routes, there will be no phone signal and electricity.
- Don’t worry about meals, we provide in our team a “chef” and supported by locals.
- Bring your own repellent/mosquito spray and private medicine.
- This trip is not recommended for someone with any respiratory problems.
- For any force majeure situation, operator will change the route activities to a similar one.
- Trip starts and ends at Padang (West Sumatra-Indonesia)
- If you want to continue with our program “7D6N Island Hoping to Support West Sumatra Marine Conservation ; you’ll be separated from the group at day 6th and will get price adjustment and discount for taking both programs.
- Above price is a starting price based on 2 pax and twin share room (the more pax join and confirmed, there will be a significant price adjustment).
1 Nights B&B at Pasaman (Standard Hotel)
4 Nights at Mt. Talamau Rainforest (Single Tent)
1 Night B&B at Pariaman (Standard Hotel)
*Single Supplement only for Hotel ( + € 22 / $ 25)
Meals as stated in program detail (6X dinner, 5X lunch, 6X breakfast)
* Please inform us for any dietary or vegetarian requirements
- Tour Design.
- 6 Night Accommodation as in “Accommodation & Meals” Information.
- Meals as in “Accommodation & Meals” Information.
- Comfortable Tourist Transportation (adjusted to number of travelers) while you’re out of rainforest.
- Experience Local Transport in certain occasions
- Licensed English Speaking Guide.
- Tour Crews (Logistic & Porter, Local Chef, Videographer & Photographer)
- Camping and Trekking Equipment (Tent, Head Lamp, Mattresses, Sleeping Bag, Trekking Stick and First Aid)
- Donation to Green Tourism Institute and certification as Green Friend of Indonesia.
- All Entrance Fee, donations to local community and activities fee.
- Private Cultural Performances at Farewell Dinner
- CD Documentation
- International Flight Ticket
- All Personal Expense or Anything out of Inclusions
- Tipping (Please contact us for suggestion)