MTI 01 - 8 Days Culture Side of Human-Animal Collaborative Work
Program Details & Highlights
8 Days, Culture Side of Human-Animal Collaborative Work
(A Mini Ethno Photography Journey in the Land of Minangkabau)
West Sumatra-Indonesia, Minangkabau Culture, Matrilineal Society, Mini Ethno Photography Human-Animal Collaborative Work.
A cultural adventure in the land of world largest society that nurturing certain animal such as huffalo, cow, monkey, horse, and dog to be trainedWest Sumatra-Indonesia, Minangkabau Culture, Matrilineal Society, Mini Ethno Photography Human-Animal Collaborative Work. A cultural adventure in the land of world largest society that nurturing certain animal such as buffalo, cow, monkey, horse, and dog to be trained to help them in certain work. So, let’s maintain this culture to be at least recognized from a photography holiday.
This trip also contribute to culturally introduce West Sumatra and to economically develop a destination. A combination of a lot of life experience, beautiful natural landscape, different culture, mutual respect, peace and friendship become a memorable holiday. to help them in certain work. So, let’s maintain this culture to be at least recognized from a photography holiday. This trip also contirbute to culturally introduce West Sumatra and to economically develop a destination.
A combination of a lot of life experience, beautiful natural landscape, different culture, mutual respect, peace and friendship become a memorable holiday.
This photography journey will be traced in West Sumatra, an Indonesian province lies on the west coast of the island of Sumatra. Minangkabau, an ethnic group, is formed under matrilineal culture in the way of living and well-known as world largest matrilineal society. A culturally unique daily life of the Minangkabau people is their collaborative work with animal to do special work. For 8 days you will have general information about Minangkabau Culture and in particular related to collaborative work between human-animal. It will be base of your ethno photography works as well as your amazing holiday.
Day by Day MTI 01 - 8 Days Culture Side of Human-Animal Collaborative Work
Day 1: Salamaik Datang - Welcome to land of Minangkabau (D)
Arrival in Minangkabau International Airport – Padang. Meet n Greet and about 1,5 hours drive to Pariaman, a coastal town with several villages where majority people live as fisherman and farmer. Check in at a standard comfortable hotel. Free program to release your “lag” or let’s enjoy coconut nearby the beach that face Indian Ocean. Local Dinner with the local family who train monkey to help them to pluck coconut. Getting to know about this culture. (D)
Day 2: Culture in Spreading Land of Minangkabau (BLD)
Join and Experience monkey owner daily activities related to plucking coconut works (from the house and the coconut plantation). Lunch will be at local restaurant. Then, we will have city tour to recognize more about culture and world historical influences to Minangkabau People in Pariaman from some spots and local Market. Local Dinner with local family that train “buffalo” to help them in produce “bricks”. “Brick” production in West Sumatra usually run by a family (men and women) with buffalo support. Each of them will have a specific unique role in running this industry.
Day 3: Culture in Mainland of Minangkabau (BLD)
Breakfast and check out. Visit and experience the family “brick production” daily activities. Lunch box will be provided at location. Then the journey continue to the mainland of Minangkabau in the higland of West Sumatra. We will have some stop to take some amazing architectural spot. Check in at Bukittinggi, a historical city which is closely related to Dutch Colonial era. After dinner at hotel, we will have short walk to trace the trace of 18th century buildings as well as enjoy the charm night of Bukittinggi.
Day 4: Culture in Mainland of Minangkabau (BLD)
In the morning we will have short walk to rent horse cart and experience the ride to see a stunning view of Sianok Canyon. Today, we will ride the cart about some hours in order to know about what is behind the horse cart rider (blacksmith work, horse food n feeding, cart decoration, etc). Lunch will be at local restaurant. Afternoon coffee break will be in a village that produce organic “Luwak Coffee”. Dinner at Hotel.
Day 5: Culture in Mainland of Minangkabau (BLD)
About 1,5 hour drive to a village in Agam where majority of villagers are the sugarcane farmer. Beside, their sugarcane harvest will be processed to be “brown sugar”. Today, in processing the brown sugar people use a simple machine to squeeze the cane while in the past a buffalo run simple machine on doing it (small number of family industries still do this way). After getting to know with their daily activities on producing the brown sugar, we will head of to spectacular view of Lake Maninjau from hill top. Surround, we will meet a unique processing way to roast nut, they use volcano sand. Visit Koto Gadang, a handmade silver worker village with Minangkabau art character. Dinner at Hotel.
Day 6: Culture in Ancient Land of Minangkabau (BLD)
Check out and Drive to Tanah Datar. There we will meet local cow trader special treatment and preparation in order their cows able to compete in a traditional cow race called “Pacu Jawi”. This unique cow race decide the contest winner base on the cow run straightness. A sign that the cow is good in plowing field rice and increase it price. Visit a royal icon of Minangkabau, “Pagaruyuang Palace”. Lunch Box in the location. Drive about 2,5 hours to Padang, the capital city of West Sumatra. Enroute Dinner at Local Restaurant.
Day 7: Cultural Art Photography Sharing (BLD)
Your Photo Exhibition in West Sumatra Cultural Center Building about half day. Those pictures will be donated to West Sumatra Tourism and Cultural Official. Thus, your master piece will be displayed in the gallery of this government official building. A valuable contribution from all of you to protect the culture of West Sumatra. Lunch will be at local restaurant. Sunset coffee break in Padang Beach. Hotel farewell dinner with special cultural art performance ended with broken glass dancing. Tonight you will be certified as “the Green Friend of Indonesia” from Green Tourism Institute.
Day 8: Airport Transfer - Sampai Jumpa Lagi
Free program with your own leissure until airport transfer or continue with the next program.
Dates, Prices & Availability
|4 - 11 Nov, 2019||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|6 - 13 Jan, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|20 - 27 Jan, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
|9 - 16 Nov, 2020||Excluding Flight||Departure Guaranteed||
- 2.5% will be donated to support Green Tourism Institute to educate and advocate West Sumatra local community about “sustainable tourism”.
- Small Group Trip (Maximum 16 Pax)
- The trip’s purpose is to maintain culture from photography journey, expected that local people will keep their culture as many outsider interesting to see and recognizing it deeper. Beside through photography, tourist is encouraged to support and develop a part of world as destination for peace and mutual respect.
- This is an open trip, you will gather traveler around the world.
- Special private trip or out of the schedule please contact us.
- For Women dont forget to bring your “knee length” dresses/clothes(in certain places you have to wear it).
- Some routes are in remote area, away from tourist trail and most activities directly deal with local people. Our guides will brief about appropriate behavior, both cultural and environmental.
- Everyday choose one of your picture to be submitted to our guide. All collected pictures will be exhibit in West Sumatra.
- Don’t worry about West Sumatra menu,even this Province well known with spicy food but there are many alternatives menu that meet the foreigners taste.
- Bring your own repellent/mosquito spray and private medicine.
- For any force majeure situation, operator will change the route/activities to the equal one.
- Trip start and end at Padang (West Sumatra-Indonesia)
- Above price is a starting price base on 2 pax and twin share room (the more pax you directly confirm, there will be a significant price adjustment.
2 Nights B&B at Pariaman (standard hotel)
3 Nights B&B at Bukittinggi (4 star hotel)
2 Nights B&B at Padang (4 star hotel)
*Single Supplement (+ € 141 / $ 159)
Meals as stated in program detail (7X dinner, 6X lunch, 7X breakfast)
* Local Dinner will be hosted by a family and the authentic Minangkabau menu is chosen and adjusted with foreigner taste.
* Please inform us for any dietary or vegetarian requirement
- Tour Design.
- 7 Night Accommodation as in “Accommodation & Meals” Information.
- Meals as in “Accommodation & Meals” Information.
- Comfortable Tourist Transportation (adjusted as number of travelers).
- Experience Local Transport in certain occasion.
- Licensed English Speaking Guide.
- Tour Crews (Logistic, Videographer & Photographer)
- Donation to Green Tourism Institute and certify as Green Friend of Indonesia.
- All Entrance Fee, donations to local community and activities fee.
- Private Cultural Performances at Farewell Dinner
- CD Documentation
- International Flight Ticket
- All Personal Expense or Anything out of Inclusions
- Tipping (Please contact us for suggestion)